- O nas
GBP w Mogilanach
Zakup nowości wydawniczych dla Gminnej Biblioteki Publicznej w Mogilanach zrealizowano ze środków finansowych Biblioteki Narodowej w ramach Narodowego Programu Rozwoju Czytelnictwa.
A cordial invitation to our website where one can find detailed pieces of information concerning the activity of the Commune Culture Centre in Mogilany. We hope that this virtual visit will encourage many of You to a regular visit at our hospitable venue.
The activity of the Commune Culture Centre in Mogilany
At present in our Centre we are conducting 10 workshops where everybody can find something for themselves, discover unknown talents or deepen the existing interests. It is the right place to develop acting skills, artistic and dance abilities. You can also explore the secrets of computer world, singing, playing the instruments such as guitar, piano or ‘charm out’ different objects within artistic weaving workshop. For fans of cinema, photography, folklore, music folk we have prepared interesting classes concerning the activity of outstanding directors and their films encouraging people to initiate discussions and exchange opinions. You can also experience the secrets of photography, traditions of Cracow’s land, Polish folk dances and finally have a try playing in folk band.
Educational classes for schools in our Commune, English classes, aerobic, aerojazz were created with the aim of deepening our knowledge, language skills and physical condition.
The realization of tasks within the cultural activity can be observed by a wide range of services and cultural undertakings that are both free of charge and paid. Among them we can enumerate the following:
1. Cultural Activities:
· Artistic weaving workshop - you will find here an excellent way of relaxing while playing and at the same time you can develop a sense of harmony and aesthetics. Materials such as wiker, twine or reed help us to create decorative ornaments and figures. These classes are addressed to three age groups. First group: children from primary school – first to fourth grades, second group – third grade , third group – teenagers (from primary school – fifth to sixth grades and pre-secondary school, fourth group - seniors.
- Vocal workshop – Classes within this workshop concern many aspects of music: learning to sing and interpret music, choosing and creating repertoire for different participants. This workshop is intended for children and young people aged 6-21.
- Modern Dance workshop:
Jazz – one of dance forms that is realized in Modern Dance Workshop. It is marked by a great dynamics, the expression of movement and it is also filled with lyricism smoothness and lightness. All these aspects make the dance extremely varied and enable the dancers to express their intense feelings and emotions. Jazz classes are addressed to three age groups. First group: children from primary school – first to third grades, second group – fourth to sixth grades , third group – teenagers.
- Music workshop - piano, guitar.
Attending music classes enables children to develop their imagination, sensitivity, concentration and manual dexterity. The instructor works with a learner individually once a week. Children from the age of six and young people are warmly welcome to attend the music classes.
- Artistic workshop – it is a place for individual search and inquisitive discovery in the world of colours and forms. Here you can also develop your creative skills in the field of drawing, painting and sculpture under the supervision of an artist.
The classes are addressed to three age group. First group: children from primary school – forms I-III, second group – forms IV-VI, third group – teenagers and adults.
- Computer workshop – the curriculum of information technology classes is adopted to different age groups, their abilities and suggestions. One will learn here to operate computer programmes such as office, graphic and music programmes. Children from the age of six, young people and adults can attend the classes.
- Language workshop - we offer you English, different levels of language (from beginners to advanced learners) and for different age groups. This year three groups have been created. First group- children from fifth grade, second group – children from third and fourth grade, third group – teenagers from pre-secondary school.
- Drama workshop – some will have a chance to have a great fun here, others seek the way to meet their inner thoughts, feelings, develop their skills and become more sensitive to beauty and art. The classes are addressed to three age groups. First group: five-year-old to nine-year-old children, second group – forms IV-VI, third group – teenagers and adults.
- Photography and movie workshop – If you love films you will have an opportunity to watch the classics of cinema. If you are interested in taking photos, you will learn more tricks of the trade. You can also learn how to make a film. Young people – from the age of twelve and adults are welcome to attend the classes.
- Dance and movement workshop – the purpose of the workshop is to teach children the basic steps, figures in dances and plays, establish a sense of rhythm and fluency of movements, improve the efficiency of blood circulation and the respiratory system. Children from the age of four and teenage groups are welcome to our classes. For adults we offer aerobics and ‘zumba’(it’s a combination of Latin American dances and fitness).
- Art gallery
Brass band in Włosań
- Folk Band ‘Mogilanie’
- Regional Group ‘Mogilanie’
Children’s Regional Group ‘Mali Mogilanie’
- School of folk music
ACTIVITIES FOR EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS
· Educational classes for schools and kindergartens are conducted within artistic workshop, computer workshop , modern dance, dance and movement workshop and aerojazz.
- Cracow’s Philharmonic – periodic concerts.
- The organization of festivals, competitions and concerts
Periodic events and undertakings
- New Year’s concerts
- The Commune New Year’s meetings for seniors
- Fairy-tale fancy dress party
- Winter holidays in the Commune Culture Centre
- May Day’s Celebration in the park in Mogilany
- Summer holidays
- 11th November – anniversary of Independence Day in Poland
- Art contests – ‘Christmas ornaments’, ‘Mask’
- Municipal festival of Christmas carol singers and plays
- Municipal Recitation Contest
- ‘Małopolska talents’ – the municipal eliminations
- Meeting with poetry
- Meeting with John Paul’s preaching
- The children of tradition – fair organized at ‘Podedworze’ in Mogilany
- Musical concert on All Souls’ Day
- Art competitions: ‘Memories of holidays’, ‘Christmas decorations’, ‘Easter Egg’
- Photo contest ‘extraordinary ordinariness in the lens of three generations’
- Poetry contest ‘Autumn painted by poems’
- Other events: exhibitions, concerts, literary evenings, reviews, screenings
Cooperation with associations, foundations, circles of interest
Cooperation with other units and institutions
- Renting the rooms of the Commune Culture Centre out
- Renting equipment
- Xerox services at the Commune Public Library in Mogilany
- Advertising at the premises and during the cultural events organized by the Commune Culture Centre
- Renting the stage and its roofing out
- Renting folk dress and costumes